New! Aesop Black Label Hair Care : It smells so good you never want to stop washing your hair!


aesop black label hair care 2012
How familiar are you with the Australian brand Aesop? I was always aware about it, but I’d never really used many things from the brand. The one or two things I did try (I still use the Parsley Seed Cleansing Oil some days as well as the Primrose Facial Cleansing Masque) I did quite like. I particularly like the herbal scent and the essential oils that are infused in Aesop’s products which are botanical based.

With my slightly blinkered view zeroing in on the skincare, I did not realise that Aesop, in fact, started out in the hair care side of things. They started in 1987 specializing in hair care products and it remains the company’s strength.
In 2012, to celebrate 25 years in the business, Aesop has revamped their core hair care range and streamlined it, calling it simply the Black Label hair care range. Products have been reclassified and reformulated but for me, its the wonderful scent of essential oils that pulls me right in.
If you are a fan of Aesop hair care, you will be in for a treat!
The Black Label hair care range comprises 6 shampoos and 4 complementing Conditioners.
aesop black label hair care
  • Classic – gentle shampoo designed for frequent use <- me! The complementing conditioner softens and adds shine to frequently washed hair
  • Nurturing – nourishing shampoo for unruly hair. The complementing conditioner treats dry, stressed or chemically treated hair.
  • Colour Protection – A sulphate free shampoo and conditioner to protect colour treated or damaged hair
  • Calming Shampoo – a mild formula to soothe sensitive, dry and irritated scalps
  • Equalising shampoo – Formulated for oily scalps to balance the scalp sebum production.
  • Volumising – The shampoo and complementing conditioner are formulated to volumise thin fine hair
The tricky bit is working out which category you fall under so you can pick the best shampoo for your hair. So, Aesop has formulated a quick 5 question chart to help you there. You can go to an Aesop counter and the sales personnel should be able to help you, or you can take the quiz online ;)
From taking the quiz, and by supplying the additional information that I wash my hair every day, I was prescribed the Classic Shampoo and Classic Conditioner.
aesop classic shampoo and conditioner review
Firstly, the scent! Oh the scent! I know I should be using these daily but I appreciate them so much more on days when I’m feeling very stressed, as I am now. Stepping into the shower after a long work day, the beautiful scent of bergamot, rosemary and lavender create this cocoon of scent that instantly relaxes me. Its amazing! Never underestimate the power and effect of essential oils!
The Classic shampoo cleans my hair well without leaving it feeling stripped. It does not lather up very much but you don’t need a lot to get your hair clean and I find that when I add water and scrub at my hair more, it foams up enough so my hair is clean. What I have noticed is that it cleans out my scalp too, so I’m left with a scalp that feels beautifully clean and hair that isn’t stripped. We have been having incredibly hot weather here recently which means sweating which means a lot of dirt and sebum trapped on my hair and scalp. Well, my hair and scalp feels lovely and clean after washing :)
The Classic Conditioner somehow smells a lot more intense than the shampoo but the texture feels very light. I find that like most conditioners, I have to use a little more but it feels like a lotion on my hair. In fact, it seems to turn to water when I apply it to my hair after shampooing. There is no slippery silicone feel and my hair is detangled and feels light thereafter. I like the Classic Conditioner, but I might try the Nurturing one next as this feels a bit too light for me so my hair doesn’t behave too well after prolonged use. I think its just not enough for my hair.
Here is the ingredient list for those interested in what is in there.
aesop classic shampoo and conditioner ingredients
L-R: Aesop Classic Conditioner, Aesop Classic Shampoo
The downside of course, is that all this loveliness doesn’t come cheap. Incidentally, I met someone recently and we got to talking about hair (strange topic you know, because I don’t quite bother much about my hair) and she told me that she has been using Aesop hair care for years. She was only the 2nd person I’d ever met who mentioned Aesop hair care to me, so I’m guessing its like a bit of an open secret. Those who know about it, use it and love it. Those who don’t, are blissfully ignorant.
Well, now you belong in the first category, right? ;) I think its too early for me to say I love it just yet, but I am enjoying using it, enveloping myself in the wonderful scent at the end of the day and not having to contend with sweet, floral scents that shampoos usually come in. Its lovely. I now want to check out Aesop’s body washes. If their hair care smells this good, imagine just how great the body washes will smell! :D
Have you tried any Aesop hair care or are you an Aesop hair care fan? Have you tried anything else from the brand you like? I’m not sure if you can get samples, but it doesn’t hurt to try. I sampled the Resurrection Aromatique Hand Balm and you know I’m not a fan of hand creams right? But I was thisclose to picking up a tube because it felt so good! If anyone owns it and have a thought to share, please do :D
Paris B
Aesop Black Label hair care comes in 6 variants of Shampoo and 4 variants of Conditioner Price: From RM85-165 depending on size Availability: Aesop counters (Isetan KLCC, Parkson Pavilion, Metrojaya Mid Valley, One Utama, Bangsar Village II, Parkson Gurney Plaza)

2 σχόλια:

  1. Hi mates, pleasant paragraph and pleasant arguments commented at this place, I am truly enjoying by
    these.

    Review my weblog: hair Again review

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  2. Ahaa, itѕ nіcе discusѕion about thіs аrtіclehere
    аt thiѕ ωеbpage, ӏ hаѵe reaԁ
    all that, ѕο now me alsο сommеntіng аt this plaсe.


    Also viѕit my ωeblog: cheap airline tickets

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή

Εκφραστείτε ελεύθερα, πείτε ότι θέλετε αλλα μην βρίζετε χυδαία για να μην μπαίνουμε σε διαδικασία να σβήνουμε σχόλια, κάτι που δεν το θέλουμε!

Ευχαριστούμε...