Did George Clooney dump Elisabetta just because she mentioned marriage?

Did George Clooney dump Elisabetta just because she mentioned marriage?via Celebitchy 

Even though many of you gave me credit for predicting the downfall of Elisabetta Canalis and George Clooney, I have to admit that I saw the relationship going through the summer, at the very least. Perhaps it was all too much for Clooney, what with Elisabetta 
giving smug interviews about how she sees herself as a married lady with kids, and how she and Clooney have something deep and real that no one else can understand. Maybe Clooney's limit was being implicated by association in the ongoing cocaine-and-hooker scandal in Italy, where Eli's name keeps cropping up. Maybe he didn't appreciate being implicated in the Silvio Berlusconi mess... which is looking more and more like Elisabetta might have been part of, especially considering Eli is just Silvio's type.

Whatever happened, Eli and George are no more. But don't think Eli is going to play it like Sarah Larson, who just crawled back to her job' in Las Vegas and licked her metaphorical wounds. Methinks Eli is going to make this breakup the launching pad for her new career. Even though Eli and George released a joint statement, Eli's rep later released Eli's own statement, which sounds vaguely threatening: She will be taking some time... and then will face the press.' Eli also pap'd herself in Italy yesterday - you can see the photo here. She's going to talk. You know she will. Meanwhile, The Mail summarizes what went wrong, and their source claims that Clooney would have been happy to keep Eli around, but she was pressuring him for something more:


It looked like she was going to succeed where so many others had failed. But just weeks after Elisabetta Canalis hinted that she could be walking down the aisle with committed playboy George Clooney, their relationship has ended.

Friends claimed last night that Clooney feared the Italian model and TV presenter was trying to tie him down after two years together.

Earlier this month, the 32-year-old suggested marriage could be on the cards as she addressed Clooney's reputation as an eternal bachelor, saying: 'I could never be with someone who every time he opens his mouth says he doesn't want a child with me or to marry me.

'My boyfriend has not given an interview on his private life since 1999 - everything that you read is just a rehash of stuff that has been written in the past.'

In an interview with Italian magazine Chi that appears to have tempted fate, Miss Canalis continued: 'My second job at the moment seems to be maid of honour. For the time being that's how it is, but I'm not putting any time limits. Who knows what will happen? I am a firm believer in marriage, in the future I will be married, but for the time being I am happy as I am. I don't need anything to confirm how happy I am.'

Clooney, however, has insisted that he would not walk down the aisle again following the end of his four-year marriage to actress Talia Balsam in 1993.

The actor, who turned 50 last month, said: 'I tried marriage and it didn't work. I have had long relationships with women and they get bored with me working all the time. My fear is that I would make a lousy husband and I don't want to put myself, or anyone else, through the pain of finding out. If I was my girlfriend, I wouldn't put up with me for very long.'

A source in Los Angeles said: 'Elisabetta is a traditional girl and wanted the fairytale. But George has never made a secret of his feelings and he wanted things to continue as they were.'

Clooney and Miss Canalis made their romanceofficial in September 2009 after stepping out together at the Venice Film Festival. The ER star's ex-girlfriends include British model and radio personality Lisa Snowdon and cocktail waitress Sarah Larson. He is currently working on his new drama, Gravity, with Sandra Bullock.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου

Εκφραστείτε ελεύθερα, πείτε ότι θέλετε αλλα μην βρίζετε χυδαία για να μην μπαίνουμε σε διαδικασία να σβήνουμε σχόλια, κάτι που δεν το θέλουμε!

Ευχαριστούμε...